Saturday, May 30, 2015

SECRETS OF WISDOM

My soul was tormented in seeking her, 
my hand opened her gate and 
I came to know her secrets.
Sirach 51:19


I thank the Lord and I praise him; I bless the name of the Lord. (Sir 51:12)
When I was young and innocent, I sought wisdom openly in my prayer. I prayed for her before the temple, and I will seek her until the end, and she flourished as a grape soon ripe. My heart delighted her, my feet kept to the level path because from earliest youth I was familiar with her. In the short time I paid heed, I met with great instruction. (Sir 51:13-16)
Since in this way I have profited, I will give my teacher grateful praise. I became resolutely devoted to her — the good I persistently strove for. (Sir 51:17-18) I directed my soul to her, and in cleanness I attained to her. (Sir 51:20)


OTHER BIBLE TRANSLATIONS

My soul was tormented in seeking her
I burned with desire for her, never turning back. I became preoccupied with her, never weary of extolling her. (NAB)

KEYS TO UNLOCK THE SECRETS OF WISDOM

You must have a burning desire that can only come from the Holy Spirit. You must always be forward looking and be submissive to God's Will and Purpose.


Published:
June 01, 2013 - 8:46AM