Friday, December 23, 2011

SECRETS OF THE LORD

A TRUE FRIEND IS ONE WHO CAN KEEP A SECRET

This is what the Lord has revealed to me today. In my daily readings, I was struck with a verse taken from Psalm 25:14 which reads, "The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear Him, and He makes known to them His covenant".

I was then led to read the other bible translations of this verse and discovered that the word "friendship" refers to "secrets" of the Lord.

God knows all our secrets for nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light (Lk 8:17 NASB). What is amazing is when you come to a degree of closeness and friendship with the Lord where He Himself will reveal to you His secrets!

Anyone can read the Bible but not all can fully understand and comprehend its depth. Each person would have a different understanding of what he has read depending on his level of relationship with the Lord. This is why the Lord said, "while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand" (Mt 13:13 NASB).

I am just thankful to the Lord that He has made me His friend, built upon the trust that I will keep His words in my heart all the days of my life.

To God be the glory now and forever. Amen.